The second phase of our plan is to utilize the charter school system to further our impact on future generations. Charter schools are public schools that are operated by nonprofit organizations. The advantages of operating a charter school are twofold. First, you have flexibility as to curriculum as long as you abide by state guidelines and laws. Second, tuition is paid by the state so that parents are not burdened by educational costs. SGCA offers children a classical education from elementary through their high school years.
The mission of Seventh Generation Classical Academy (SGCA) is to create an educational experience in the classical tradition that joins instruction in principles of moral character and civic virtues along with a rigorous academic program. The goal is to instill a strong sense of virtuous character within every student therefore enabling them to utilize their new found knowledge as purposeful and responsible citizens.
In addition, it is our desire to see each of our students become exemplary communicators with the ability to participate in local issues while exemplifying intercultural understanding and respect in a rapidly globalizing world. SGCA will provide students with the opportunity to control their futures by thriving academically despite inherent life challenges they will endure.
SGCA intends to meet high levels of educational achievement. SGCA’s curriculum and philosophy of education is based upon a classical approach with its emphasis on grammar, logic and rhetoric. There is an emphasis on reading as this is the single discipline that connects all others. Furthermore, the Bible is taught within the literature scope of education.
At SGCA academics and virtuous character are what matter most. The school will provide a unique niche in parent education choice with an education program that promotes individual success by instilling the following in each student: goal setting behavior, organizational skills, high-academic achievement coupled with individually focused intervention & remediation and character/value learning.
SGCA adheres to Nine Standards of Virtue which are applicable to all students, parents and faculty.
- Citizenship – We honor rules and laws and respond to authority with respect and obedience. We give of our time and abilities in the service of others. We uphold liberty and social equality by respecting individual differences and knowledge of our democratic system.
- Courage – We always do what is known to be right despite fear, hardship, and opposition. We resist negative peer pressure, defend our rights as well as the rights of others, while encouraging others to do the same.
- Honesty – We never knowingly induce another to believe what is false. We are always truthful in what we say and do, regardless of the circumstances or consequences.
- Humility – We do not brag or compare ourselves to others. We always strive to do our best whether we are recognized or not.
- Integrity – We are individuals of strong ethical values, who make consistently good choices in keeping with our knowledge of right and wrong. We see wisdom of others in cases of moral uncertainty.
- Perseverance – We spurn despair and strive to complete tasks to the best of our abilities, regardless of the difficulty. We respond creatively to overcome obstacles and ask for help when necessary.
- Respect – We regard others and ourselves as deserving of kind and just treatment. Our conduct is considerate and polite. We look for the good in others and demonstrate compassion. Our attitude toward others and their property reflects the way we wish to be treated.
- Responsibility – We accept obligations related to our own good and the good of others. We act on those obligations in a manner suitable to their timely and satisfactory fulfillment. We are willingly accountable for what we do and say. We seek to learn from our mistakes.
- Wisdom – We learn from our mistakes and think before we act. We look to the great thinkers of the past for guidance on making good choices.
How You Can Help
If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do? Psalm 11:3
Become a Legacy Partner through electronic monthly stewardship. Your gift to Seventh Generation Initiative equips us with the resources to fulfill our mission of building the foundations of faith & family. All gifts are tax deductible. For more information click the button below.